DAEP Enrollment Information
DISD DAEP ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Nottingham Alternative Education Center
302 S. Cleveland, Dayton, TX 77535
DAEP Enrollment Information:
- DAEP enrollment meetings are held each morning promptly at 8:30 a.m. in the cafeteria at Nottingham Alternative Education Center. Your child must be in dress code to begin their assignment at DAEP.
- A parent or guardian is to accompany each student to the enrollment meeting in order for the student to attend the DAEP.
- Concerns about the student’s placement at the DAEP are to be addressed at the student’s home campus.
- Students will have the same cafeteria account as they have on their home campus. If a student is eligible for free or reduced meals on their home campus, they are also eligible at DAEP.
- Breakfast is not provided on the day of intake, please have your child eat before the intake meeting.
- If a student is purchasing a meal, the cost is $1.40 for breakfast (0.30 reduced) and $2.35 for lunch (0.40 reduced). Meals can be paid for daily, weekly or monthly. Students may bring cash or make checks payable to DISD Child Nutrition or pay online. The students are not allowed to bring in breakfast but may purchase it at school. They may also bring a well-balanced lunch from home in a clear zip-lock bag with no open drinks, no soda or energy/coffee drinks or glass containers.
- Students are to bring a package of notebook paper and a package of regular (non-mechanical) pencils.
Dress Code for DAEP students:
- The DAEP does not provide clothing to students.
- Shirt—White Polo style or dress button down shirt (long or short sleeve), logo must be school appropriate and not larger than 1 inch. Shirt must be tucked in at all times.
- Pants-Khaki or Black full length pants with belt loops. The bottom of the pants must be unrolled and remain on the outside of the shoe. No denim, cargo style or jogger style, athletic, leggings, capri, crop or riding pants. Secondary students--the pants must not have elastic, holes, decoration or fraying. Elementary students--may have pants with elastic and are not required to have belt loops. Pants must be worn at the waist for all students.
- Belt—solid color belt. No large buckle, studs, stones or decorations. Elementary students are not required to wear a belt.
- Shoes—Athletic shoes or leather shoes of a neutral color are to be worn. Sandals, flip-flops, open-toed shoes, or house shoes may not be worn.
- Hair—must be a natural color and age appropriate. No hair accessories, designs in hair,scalp or eyebrows or style that would create a disruption/distraction in the classroom. Male’s hair must be pulled up if longer than the shirt collar. Female’s hair must be pulled up in a ponytail, braid or bun. Solid color headband no wider than 2 inches and without decorations are permitted for female students to help secure pulled back hair. The hairband cannot be worn below the botom of the hairline.
- Undershirts---if worn, must be solid white, black or gray (long or short sleeve), no visible writing/graphics.
- Outerwear— coats, jackets, etc. will be kept at the check-in table and returned to the student when they leave campus.
- Proper undergarments—students must wear proper undergarments…basketball shorts, swim wear and associated items are not considered proper undergarments and are not allowed under dress code attire.
- Additional items that are not permitted:
- Jewelry…including piercings, watches, rings, earrings, necklaces, grills, bracelets and any other jewelry type item.
- Cosmetics…including nail polish and acrylic nails, unnatural contact lenses, false eyelashed/eyelash extensions, or theatrical-type make-up..
- Tattoos—No visible tattoos---all must be covered while on campus.
- Extra clothing under the dress code outfit is not allowed.
- Clothing, belts, and shoes must fit student. Excessively large or small dress code items are not permitted.
- Electronics and personal items are not allowed on campus. Parents will be required to pick up personal/electronic items if a student is found to have them on campus. A $15 fee will be assessed for electronic devices.